Rants and Raves, News, and Reviews this is the site!

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why Won't He Just Call Me?


When it comes to dating, I look for the small considerate things men do to get a women’s attention. He doesn’t necessarily have to have a body built like Fabio, or a bank account like Bill Gates. One of the most important things is that he calls me.

Were in an era where younger adults are addicted to electronics. We have began to communicate less face to face, and more through text messages, emails, online chatting, and any social network we can get our hands on. This new technology is awesome, it‘s convenient, it has saved me from many hours of boredom, and allowed me to have contact with friends from all over the World. Although technology is great, there are some cases where texting or emailing should absolutely not be used. For instance, if I give a nice young man my number, and he fails to call me and have a conversation, but continues to text me in regards to a first date, I will not take him seriously. Texting takes away emotion and intimacy, and shows a lack of effort on his behalf.

A word of advice to you texting guru’s, is to first establish good conversation over the phone, before you text “hey when can we hook up?” A pleasant call from someone your interested in is refreshing and shows you’re a little more interested and confident then that texting guy.

That’s just my opinion. What’s yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I get annoyed with guys who text instead of calling. Texting is ok, but its nice to hear a persons voice.